I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Snake Picture


I found a picture and a name for the Snake. Known as a Worm Snake. I've never heard of one but he is aptly named. Guess I should have left him alone and been thankful that he might have been one reason I have very few slugs. That statement, so far, has been true.

I did find a toad in the Blackeyed Susans the other day. First one I had seen on the hill. I will have to post pictures of the "craw dad" holes that I find but thus far I have not seen the creature venture forth from his hole. If one were to step into those holes they could break an ankle or leg.

No comments: