I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Friday, April 2, 2010

Peeking throught the Mulch

If you look closely at the picture above you can see, between the liripoe and the base of the birdbath, the phlox that are poking their heads up through the mulch. Its so good to The Naked Ladies are up in profusion. I hate these things! The more I try to dig them out the more they seem to multipy. I really think they are determined to drive me insane.However, these beautiful little hyacinths are totally different. I'm not sure where my mother got these but I managed to salvage a few when the house was sold. I have another clump about this size. When these little blue flowers poke their heads up I feel that winter is surely ending.

The temperature here has been in the 80s for a couple of days and in the 50s at night. I put in some lettuce seed last weekend and now have lots of tiny plants.

No comments: