I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blooming Orchids


My orchids are blooming!!   This one has 3 or 4 other buds and the one in the foreground will be somewhat of a
chartreuse colour when it finally opens.  
Last year they set buds but when I moved them to a different location they all fell off .  This time I've left them in the sun room.  I did not realize it took such a long time for them too open but they are well worth the wait.

No comments: