I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Monday, May 7, 2012

The garden is finally coming together.  Gotta add more mulch then we start work on the patio/sitting area in front of the "Wash House".  Have big plans for this little house.  I'm just not sure where I'm gonna find the time to get it all done.

One of the great things about gardening is that you can forget all the other things when you are "digging in the dirt".  

The Egyptian Walking onions are really doing well.   I don't have a picture but I've created a bed for them and hopefully they will provide me with a supply of green onions a little later this year.  I have no idea where my mother got her "start", but mine original ones came from her (Mom has been gone for twenty years) collection.  If you have never eaten these they are spicy.  You can simply snip them or pull them when they are small. Look them up if you are not familiar with them.


No comments: