I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Monday, June 29, 2009

Another Suprise

This has been an interesting weekend at my place. Yesterday I went out to begin removing some blacktop so that I could put in a flower bed near the house. I pried up a small piece and something looked strange, then I removed another small piece and another. There was nothing beneath the blacktop except A Hole! A very Black Hole. What have I found? Is this where some former owner, who didn't beieve in banks, has buried their fortune? ( I have found all types of interesting items but as yet no money) Some Indian hide-away, the land was once part of the Iroquois Indian Reservation, I've been told? No! Nothing so exciting. Just one of the 3 cisterns on the place that former owner told me had been filled in years ago.

I called my contractor and he tells me that it has to be filled in with sand. It seems the larkspurs and coreopsis will have to wait a few days before they get planted.

No comments: