I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Monday, June 22, 2009

Not Garden Related but...

With temps in the 90s I've kinda moved inside to work for a few days. Saturday I did some more work on my sunporch. Got half the windows painted and the lower half of one wall. About a week ago the contractor finished cleaning and rechinking the log wall portion and I got the insulation and wood up under all the windows so I had to get going on the paint. It's going to be one of my favorite places to spend time. The view of my gardens and woods is great and when it rains on the metal roof it's such a wonderful place to relax. Hopefully, this afternoon I can finish painting the windows and then there is an old cabinet I want to remove. The ceiling is going to be a real pain to paint beause it hasn't been done in years.

No comments: