I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lilies and More

Lilies are Blooming! This one is my favorite.
It's been in the family for many years. Someone gave my mother a "start" many (probably more than 50) years ago. Now my sister and I both have a pot of them. I have no clue as to what type they are. The kettle on the right was one my grandmother kept on her wood burning kitchen stove to have hot water.


This White one was bloomed yesterday afternoon.

Pink, Pink and

More pink. It had a bloom open this morning. Not a stargazer!

This peachy one was given to me by one of my daughter-in-law a few years ago. I now have more than one clump.

No comments: