I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Monday, June 8, 2009

Gardening Versus House Cleaning

I worked in the garden for several hours Saturday afternoon. The temperature was near ninety. YUCK! I dragged out the tiller and prepared some of the walks to put in flowers along the edge. Tilled up a couple of beds and put in clomes in one of them and purple coneflowers in another. Hopefully, this afternoon I can get the liriope in along the walk. I haven't been outside since coming to the office earlier but they tell me it's hot and muggy and feels like rain. If it's too nasty outside I will be working inside on my sun porch. On second thought, that may very well be what I do this afternoon instead of gardening.

The guys are suppose to be coming sometime this week to take down a couple of trees in my front yard and I have the contractor coming to do some work on the house either this week or next. Life is never dull at my place although my pocket is often empty.

No comments: