I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Monday, May 4, 2009

Moving Iris & Spiderwort

It's been fun around here the past few days. Trying to dodge rain drops/showers/ downpours and get more flowers planted. It's great weather to transplant flowers IF one doesn't mind being wet. A few days ago the tree guys came and cut down the two walnut trees that were in my back yard but before they came I had a large bed of Iris that I had to move. Dug them up, tossed them into the garden cart then replanted them in a bed near my side porch. They never knew they were moved and now all of them will be bloomed in a couple of days. I also dug up a big clump of spiderwort. Some of it I have back in the ground but I still have this huge clump that I need to put somewhere. It's blooming in the pot that I tossed it into.

No comments: