I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More Flowers

One of these days my acre and half may become over run with flowers and trees and shrubs but for now I seem to be making slow progress. I was out digging again yesterday evening after work. My Iris are blooming and they are beautiful. This is the first year the reblooming ones have flowered. I'm curious to see how they perform. The blooms on my regular Iris are huge. I have yellow, lavender and blue all in the same bed and although there is only one blue it really shines.

No comments: