I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Monday, May 18, 2009

Ligularia

Yesterday I found this really interesting plant and I did something, that in my opinion, no gardener should ever do. I purchased a plant I knew absolutely nothing about. I bought a Little Lantern Ligularia. The one big complaint I may have with it is that slugs apparently like it - I hate slugs, that's why I don't grow hostas. A couple of hostas were on the property when I moved here and so far "slimeys" have not been a problem. Guess I will just save all my egg shells and crush them.

No comments: