I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Sunday, May 24, 2009

More Rain on the Way

Supposedly it will rain most of this week. I have a bunch of free plants that I need to get in the ground so if it is cloudy and we do get rain I'll be gardening not working in the house as I had planned, like cleaning the sunporch and painting. Those plants that have no permanent home, at this time, I will put in a holding bed. One of the things I really need to get done tomorrow is move my astibles. Since the walnut trees were removed there is very little shade and the astibles seem to be very unhappy - "Fear not, little Astilbes, I have the perfect spot over with the ferns."

No comments: