I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's day brought calls from my out of town sons and my daughter treated me to lunch then she and I spent the afternoon sitting on the front porch. Looking out over my front yard as the twilight settled in brought to mind and old song:
When it's late in the evening I climb up the hill
And survey all my kingdom while everything's still
Only me and the sky and an old whippoorwill
Singin' songs in the twilight on Mockingbird Hill.

Looking up the hill from my back yard. The fire wood is awaiting transport to my son's home.

No comments: