I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Friday, May 1, 2009

Patience Needed - HURRY!

Aye! Yi! Yi!. It's that time of year again -- Derby. Friday is the Oaks and then Saturday the Derby. People from everwhere desend on Louisville and it's not pretty. I just stay home and don't go out anywhere. Every year I promise myself that I will take a vacation day on Friday but every year I forget until it's too late. So today I ran the gauntlet of trying to dodge people crossing the street, waving signs at me "Park here", "Parking, $20 all day". These crazy people don't just stand on the curb they jump out into the street and after a while you wonder how many you are gonna pick off before you've driven about 4 blocks. You need quick reflexes and 360 degree vision to avoid hitting someone. The old request, "God grant me patience but HURRY!" takes on it's true meaning at this time.

No comments: