I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring in the Country

When spring arrives I realize just how much I miss my farm down in south central Kentucky. It's where I grew up and spent the first twenty plus years of my life. I've spent many hot summer days sitting under this big old Osage Orange dreaming of "big city" living. Now, I come home from work to my acre and half of "Heaven on Earth" and do all the things I didn't like to do when I was younger - Dig in the dirt, pull weeds, plant vegetables, grow herbs.

A laid back country life ain't so bad after all.

No comments: