I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Sunday, March 1, 2009

It Worked!

I've never been one not to try something new so when someone mentioned blogging my interest was piqued. “Blogging?” said I. “What is blogging?” So when it was explained to me that it was a journal of ones life I realized that the whole world would surely be interested; that they would wait anxiously for forthcoming postings chronicling all the brilliant, intelligent and exciting things I had to say and all the astounding things I have done as I have muddled my way through all these years, decades even. (Yeah right!)

Today let me share one of those astounding things.

The crocus are blooming!

It's a definite sign that spring is just around the corner. Its very cold here today but these little flowers don't seem to mind at all. Can't say I feel that way. Brrrrrrr! I see Spring peeking around the a corner. I also noticed that the chives are peeking through.
One more sign -- Bells of Ireland!

No comments: