I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bluebells and Quince

It was only forty degrees Fahrenheit here this morning but with the sun out it quickly warmed. About nine I went out to work in the garden. Still needed a sweatshirt but it didn't take long for the temp to reach the sixties. I spent a good portion of the day digging out weeds and spreading mulch. Did a lot of manual labor but didn't get as much done as I had hoped I would. I did acquire one very angry sunburn. My mind wanted to do more but my body said, "I quit".

It will be a few days before I can get back to moving the rest of the peonies and putting down more mulch. According to the weather report tomorrow will bring rain and possibly severe storms and Monday we may have snow showers. Brrrr Can you believe it? Guess that's just part of living in the Ohio Valley.

I did get two pretty pictures this afternoon. Check out the blue sky behind the quince.

No comments: