I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Trees Gone

The walnut trees are gone! Yipee! Can't say that I'll miss the occasional skating when you step on one of the giant marble-like nuts, nor trying to get to the back door when one leaves the house before dark with every good intention of returning while it is still light, only to get detained and we won't mention that it's hazerdous to your head - like playing Russian Roulette when they start to fall from the trees. If you've never been bonged on the head by a falling walnut you have no idea how much fun that can be. Talk about seeing stars and having a goose egg the size of a baseball on your nogging.

No comments: