I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Friday, April 3, 2009

Plants before Snow Comes.

Today they are forcasting rain for this afternoon and a chance for severe thunderstorms then snow for Monday evening/night. It's seventy-one degrees F here this afternoon. Kinda hard to think the temperature will drop that much. This afternoon I moved a forsythia that was ancient and put in some Johnny-Jump-Ups. Mom really liked this little perennial. It is a perennial here in my zone six area. I snapped a picture of some jonquils in the back yard. They remind me of soilders marching down the hill. I say down the hill because, as my daughter pointed out, they all face down the hill.

No comments: