I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wisteria Blooms

This picture is from last year but yesterday afternoon I saw that my wisteria has buds. I have discovered that the more I cut it back the more it blooms. I was told that they had to be old before blooming. I'm not sure how old but this one is about seven years and it has bloomed since it was about three. In the spring of 2008 it bloomed heavily. I cut it back severely in the fall and a friend told me that was one of the reasons it bloomed so much. The blooms are large and beautiful-not at all skimpy.

No comments: