I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Friday, April 24, 2009

Ferns -- Roses

A stop at the grocery store yielded not only necessary supplies, but two beautiful Boston ferns for my front proch. I'm thinking perhaps a couple more may be in my future but we shall see. After getting the ferns placed on the porch and the groceries "put away" I collected my two roses and a rose of Sharon shrub, my shovel and off I went up the hillside to plant all of the above. It has rained so much the last few days that things were very wet. Hopefully that has helped the plants because today has been sunny with the temp in the mid-eighties. Gonna go home and put down mulch this afternoon. The weekend is suppose to be really nice so if things go well I will be gardening most of the weekend. Maybe I'll post a picture later.

No comments: