I guess you would call me a rogue gardener. I have an acre and half of hill, much of which is wooded, where deer, squirrels as big as cats, raccoons, a groundhog and at least one resident barn snake roam about freely. There’s also a mother fox that often brings her kits/pups out to visit. I garden for fun but the one thing I get serious about is invasive plants.

Syble

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday, Errands

Saturday, early morning. It's off to do a few errands, one of which is to wash my dirty car. I get this done without a long wait and then as I'm driving along I remember I need to stop by Lowe's Garden Center to pick up some potting soil. It's never a good thing for me to stop by anywhere there are plants. As I meander along throught the isles I find the tomatoes, dill, rosemary and the blueberry bushes that I had been intending to purchase but could never find the right variety. There they were on the shelf all fresh and potted - Lets see, I needed ten of those - I am going to blend them into the landscape design. Oh! and then I found the Japonicas: Flaming Star which is a dwarf and Valley Rose which can reach a height of five feet. I have a home for the Flaming Star but not sure about the Valley Rose. My last discovery before I get to the bag of potting soil, which I originally stopped to buy, is a Clump River Birch. There is the perfect spot for it in my side yard.

My poor clean car, not to mention my smoking credit card. Let's see, how do I stuff all these plants into the back of a Ford Escape?

No comments: